Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Yaoi Elf ... and his mate. Whooo!





click to see all images at large size... 

A Yaoi elf ... and his human lover. And this is begging for a storyline -- anyone...? He's standing guard duty -- walking patrol on the night shift, and the dawn comes up over the Temple of the Winds ... and guard duty is going to be, um, interrupted, by the looks of this!

These are new faces, new characters -- I just couldn't resist! I would love to write the stories that go along with these images. I just wonder if anyone would buy them? Anyway --

Please please click to see these at full size, because I've been doing hundreds of experiments with skin tones and so forth, to see if I can get more out of them. Just in case my pleas are falling on deaf ears, try this for size:


There, see? Well worth clicking to see these at full size! This is pretty luscious stuff. I might just come back to this and render some elven nudes (or nude elves if you prefer), and basically finish this idea out properly before my admittedly grasshopper mind springs on to something else! 

(For those who are doing 3D work, and wondering what I did: I'm playing with the reflection and refraction values in DAZ Studio. Not Poser -- not yet. I know you can do phenomenal things in Poser, but I still have to get it set up on by boot drive, so that I can install the real base models into it and get rid of Poser's own horrible figures. Just haven't had the chance yet, but I will, soon. For now ... guys, if you're trying to get a lustre on the skin of your models: not all skinmaps will let you do it, though I don't know why not. But try working with JM Falcon and JM Chase, to name just two (I think they're from DAZ). Also, play with the bump and displacement mapping -- and set up loads of dim lights in a rainbow of colors. Seriously. Set shadows on about 75% of them, then set the system to raytrace and don't be surprised if it takes two hours to get a render, even on a fast computer. It's worth the time. Go watch a movie or have dinner while it renders. The top one in this series was about three hours, and it rendered overnight while I went to bed.)

Last images for today: a bundle of "road trip pictures," before I sign out and get back to work. These are all uploaded at large size -- they are lovely images, so -- enjoy. Incidentally, I want to thank the people who've written to compliment the photos. Most grateful!

big surf at Carpenter Rocks, South Australia...

Black Fellows Caves, west of Carpenter Rocks...

Cave Garden, in downtown Mount Gambier, SA

Great Ocean Road, Victoria...

Great Ocean Road, Victoria, again...

Tantanoola Caves, Limestone Coast, SA

The bay at Piccaninnie Ponds, SA

big skies over the rural south-east of SA...

sunset on the Great Ocean Road...

flighteseeing helicopters at the 12 Apostles.

More art tomorrow ... and I might just start telling a story. The creative juices are flowing. Let me see how things work out!

Jade, April 5