Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Glamour meets fantasy ... not bad!




Remember I said I'd recently got some new toys from DAZ and Renderosity? You're looking at a heap of them in these shots!

New skin map for Michael 4 -- and it's a heck of a nice one. This is the Victor skin map, from Renderosity. It was on sale, and I couldn't help myself.

The mushrooms are the Mykos set by Poisen -- lovely detailing. (Renderosity)

The ground is The Path, by Nike -- great prop. (Renderosity)

The ruins in the background are Stone Arches for Stone Road, from DAZ. Michael 4 is wearing the Real Jeans (also from Renderosity) and the Noemi hair, which was on sale at DAZ. Further in the background are some Deluze Trees and PNature shrubs, from Renderosity. And the sky is one of my Vue skyscapes.

This set of renders is along the lines of "male glamor photography" ... a male model shoot. The jeans -- they're charcoal, or gray, or washed out black rather than the blue you're used to seeing. Ready for this? I just applied the bump map as the diffuse map! Looks like a whole new garment! Is that sneaky --?

Also, I managed to get the Fantasy Book from DAZ, which is an articulable model (say that three times fast after you've had two chardonnays too many) and the Commander starship interior set ... and obviously you don't see them here! Both are lovely, though the book is very, very hard to install, even though it comes from DAZ. It's almost like the file structure they used when the model was made is now obsolete. Just doesn't work. I did manage to get it to install, but some of the textures don't apply properly. I'm working on it...

Jade, 13 July